Putting Pen To Paper

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Haikus
Life is very hard
Time for a new beginning
But where do I start

I enjoy my job
In accounts receivable
Other times I don’t


Traditional
Looking up in the sky
White fluffy clouds on deep blue
Peaceful creation

Crystal blue water
It’s creation at it’s best
Cannot get enough

Snow covered mountains
So purely white and gentle
They reach to heaven

Sparkles in the sun
Dark green wet grass is shining
At the soccer field


click to show or hide the full text of this post
click to post a comment or read comments from: Blogger Ruth, Blogger Barbara White,

2 Comments:

  • Barbara, these are good for a beginner. You will need to stay focused on the syllable count though. The first traditional haiku has six syllables in the first line instead of five. Perhaps it might be written:

    Look up to the sky

    What do you think?

    By Blogger Ruth, at 8/03/2006 10:08:00 AM  

  • Oh, you are right. I didn't even notice that. And some words it is hard to tell how many syllables they have. I can't think of an example right now. Anyway, I'll try to write some more this weekend.

    By Blogger Barbara White, at 8/03/2006 07:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home